The eccentric mirror , 1807-1813
- The eccentric mirror : reflecting a faithful and interesting delineation of male and female characters, ancient and modern, who have been particularly distinguished by extraordinary qualifications, talents, and propensities, natural or acquired ... : with a faithful narration of every instance of singularity manifested in the lives and conduct of characters who have rendered themselves eminently conspicuous by their eccentricities : the whole exhibiting an interesting and wonderful display of human action in the grand theater of the world / collected and re-collected from the most authentic sources by G.H. Wilson.
- London : Printed by and for J. and J. Cundee, Ivy-Lane, Paternoster-Row, 1807-1813.
- Physical Description:
- 4 volumes (various pagings) : illustrations ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsCT9990 E3 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsCT9990 E3 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- One plate engraved by Mackenzie, others unsigned.
British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 is in original boards. Copy 2 has the stamp of Helen L. Baker.
Vol. 1: 1813; v. 2-4: 1807.
Vols. 2-4 have variant publisher statement: Printed for James Cundee.
Each vol. has added engr. t.p.
Each vol. is made up of separately paged parts.
- Subject Terms:
- Baker, Helen L. -- Stamp.Biography.Characters and characteristics.Cundee, J. and J. -- Publisher.Cundee, James -- Publisher.Eccentrics and eccentricities.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1807-1813.Etching -- Specimens -- 1807-1813.Lewis, W. S. (Wilmarth Sheldon), 1895-1979 -- Ms. notes.Stipple engraving -- Specimens -- 1807-1813.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.