The eccentric mirror : reflecting a faithful and interesting delineation of male and female characters, ancient and modern, who have been particularly distinguished by extraordinary qualifications, talents, and propensities, natural or acquired ... : with a faithful narration of every instance of singularity manifested in the lives and conduct of characters who have rendered themselves eminently conspicuous by their eccentricities : the whole exhibiting an interesting and wonderful display of human action in the grand theater of the world / collected and re-collected from the most authentic sources by G.H. Wilson.
- London : Printed by and for J. and J. Cundee, Ivy-Lane, Paternoster-Row, 1807-1813.
- Physical Description:
- 4 volumes (various pagings) : illustrations ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsCT9990 E3 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsCT9990 E3 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- One plate engraved by Mackenzie, others unsigned.
British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 is in original boards. Copy 2 has the stamp of Helen L. Baker.
Vol. 1: 1813; v. 2-4: 1807.
Vols. 2-4 have variant publisher statement: Printed for James Cundee.
Each vol. has added engr. t.p.
Each vol. is made up of separately paged parts.
- Subject Terms:
- Baker, Helen L. -- Stamp.Biography.Characters and characteristics.Cundee, J. and J. -- Publisher.Cundee, James -- Publisher.Eccentrics and eccentricities.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1807-1813.Etching -- Specimens -- 1807-1813.Lewis, W. S. (Wilmarth Sheldon), 1895-1979 -- Ms. notes.Stipple engraving -- Specimens -- 1807-1813.
YCBA Collections Search
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
The eccentric mirror , 1807-1813
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.