The English school of painting in water-colours : its theory and practice. With the several stages of progression. Accompanied with forty-seven illustrations in the first style of chromo-lithography. By Aaron Penley ...
- New and rev. ed.
- London [etc.] H. Sotheran & co., 1880.
- Physical Description:
- 2 p. l., [iii]-viii, , 130 p. mounted col. front., 46 col. plates mounted on 25 l. 56 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A N 111View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Printed by Leighton Brothers.
Gold-stamped green cloth publisher's binding.
"In memoriam," p. [vii]-viii, signed: Claude Penley.
Added illustrated t.p., mounted and in color.
- Subject Terms:
- Leighton Brothers -- Printer.Sotheran (Henry) & Co. -- Publisher.Tomkinson, Michael, 1841-1921 -- Bookplate.Watercolor painting -- Great Britain.Watercolor painting -- Technique.
- Chromolithographs -- 1880.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1880.
YCBA Collections Search
Penley, Aaron Edwin, 1807-1870, The English school of painting in water-colours , 1880
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.