Maitland, William, 1693?-1757, The history of London , 1756
- The history of London : from its foundation to the present time ... including the several parishes in Westminster, Middlesex, and Surry, within the bill of mortality ... / by William Maitland ...
- London : Printed for J. Osborne and J. Shipton ..., and J. Hodges, 1756.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. (viii, 1410 p.) : ill., map, plans, coats of arms ; 43 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A D 43Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates engraved by Benjamin Cole, Louis Philippe Boitard, William Henry Toms, and George Vertue; after C. Frederick Armiger, J. Evelyn, Thomas Smith, and Robert West.
Paging irregular: numbered 871-874 for 873-876, 1061 for 1091, 1387-1391 repeated with asterisks.
Vol. 1: , viii, , -712 p.,  leaves of plates (one folded); v. 2: , 713-1410 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded)
Both vols. have added t.p. that reads: The history and survey of London. Added t.p. for vol. 1 has imprint: London : Printed for R. Baldwin, at the Rose, in Pater-noster Row, 1754.
- Subject Terms:
- Baldwin, R. -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1856.Hodges, J. -- Publisher.London (England) -- History.Montagu, Frederick James Osbaldeston, 1878-1957 -- Bookplate.Osborne, T. -- Publisher.Ritherdon, George -- Autograph.Shipton, J. -- Publisher.Westminster (London, England) -- History.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.