Warley : a satire addressed to the first artist in Europe ...
- London : Printed for D. Brown, at Garrick's Head, in Katharine-street, Strand, 1778.
- Physical Description:
- 2 pts. (25, ; 32,  p.) ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3517 H65 W3+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- British Art Center copy is disbound.
Addressed to Sir Joshua Reynolds.
"Wrongly attributed to Thomas Maurice."--Halkett & Laing.
Part 2 has title: The second part of Warley : a satire : containing a curious detail of the operations of the grand army during the royal review.
"The swashing blades of Warley : a ballad": pt. 2, p. -32.
For Fanny Burney's embarrassed reaction to this poem, see her diary ("Letters from Susan to Fanny Burney," Jan. 1779)
- Subject Terms:
- Brown, D. -- Publisher.Reynolds, Joshua, Sir, 1723-1792 -- In literature.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.