Billings, Robert William, 1813-1874, Architectural illustrations,, 1840
- Architectural illustrations, history and description of Carlisle cathedral, by Robert William Billings.
- London, T. and W. Boone [etc.] 1840.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 92 p. illus., XLV pl. (1 col.) incl. front., plan, 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA5471 C4 B5+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA5471 C4 B5+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title on spine: History of Carlisle Cathedral.
Printed by G. Norman, Maiden Lane, Covent Garden.
Plates engraved by John Saddler, Samuel Williams, George Gladwin, Robert William Billings, James Lambert, and T. Clark; after Robert William Billings and T. Clark.
British Art Center has 2 copies.
Copy 2 is extra-illustrated with additional plates engraved by Benjamin Winkles, Edward Finden, Robert Grave [i.e. Graves], Philipp Audinet, George Perfect Harding, Daniel King, John Chessell Buckler, and Samuel Noble; after Charles Warren, Benjamin Baud, George Perfect Harding, Sir Godfrey Kneller, Daniel King, John Chessell Buckler, John Britton, and R. Carlisle.
Copy 2 is also bound with: Illustrations of geometric tracery from the paneling belonging to Carlisle Cathedral / by Robert William Billings. London, 1842.
"Ms. collections and published works relating to Carlisle cathedral": p. -84.
- Subject Terms:
- Boone, Thomas and William -- Publisher.Carlisle Cathedral (Carlisle, England)Church architecture.Hunnewell, James Frothingham, 1832-1910 -- Bookplate.Norman, G. -- Printer.
- Etchings -- 1840.
Wood engravings -- 1840.
Extra-illustrated copies (Provenance)
Engravings -- 1840.
Steel engravings -- 1840.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.