Lysons, Samuel, 1763-1819, Etchings of views and antiquities in the county of Gloucestershire , 
Etchings of views and antiquities in the county of Gloucestershire : hitherto imperfectly or never engraved.
- London : Printed by A. Strahan; and sold by T. Cadell [and 21 others], .
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill., coats of arms ; 44 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A D 40View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- This is probably a publisher's proof copy; it includes instructions in ms. for the cancellation of some plates.
Author from BM.
Plates dated 1791-1800; engraved by Samuel Lysons.
Subsequent ed., with changes, was published in 1804 under title: A collection of Gloucestershire antiquities.
- Subject Terms:
- Bourchier, Jane Barbara Codrington, Lady, d.1884 -- Pres. insc. to the Codrington Library at Dodington.Cadell, T. -- Publisher.Church buildings -- England -- Gloucestershire.Codrington family -- Provenance.Codrington, Emma Charlotte -- Bookplate.Codrington, Maria Elizabeth -- Bookplate.Gloucestershire (England) -- Antiquities.Strahan, A. -- Printer.
- Soft-ground etchings -- 1791.
Aquatints -- 1791.
Soft-ground etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1791.
Etchings -- 1791.
Etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1791.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.