Grüner, Ludwig, 1801-1882, Descriptions of the plates of Fresco decorations and stuccoes of churches and palaces in Italy , 1854
- Descriptions of the plates of Fresco decorations and stuccoes of churches and palaces in Italy : during the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries / by Lewis Gruner ... ; with an essay by J.J. Hittorff on the arabesques of the ancients as compared with those of Raphael and his school.
- New edition, largely augmented by numerous plates, plain and coloured.
- London : Printed for Thomas M'Lean, 1854.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 76 p. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A N 116Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Inlaid to size and bound with: Fresco decorations and stuccoes of churches & palaces / by Lewis Gruner. (58 cm.)
Bookseller suggests this could be a proof impression, though it's not mentioned as such in the work.
Brunet, v.2, p. 1770.
- Subject Terms:
- Arabesques.Decoration and ornament -- Italy.M'Lean, Thomas -- Publisher.Mural painting and decoration, Italian.Stucco.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.