Flowers from nature / by Peter Pasquin.
- London : Published by Thomas M'Lean, 26 Haymarket, 1824.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : chiefly ill. ; 37 x 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1475 P37+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates are hand-colored lithographs.
Plates are loose in original printed paper wrappers.
Consists of 36 humorous portraits of people, with a flower name under each making a punning reference to the character or occupation of the person portrayed, e.g. an accountant at his desk is labelled "John-quill."
- Subject Terms:
- Flowers -- Anecdotes.M'Lean, Thomas -- Publisher.Wit and humor, Pictorial.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1824.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.