Illustrations of Virginia Water, and the adjacent scenery : celebrated as the favourite and frequent retreat of His Most Gracious Majesty : in a series of views, from sketches made on the spot / by W.A. Delamotte ... ; exhibiting the various improvements to the present period, and displaying the picturesque beauties of the different situations ; drawn on stone by W. Gauci.
- London : James Burlock, 163, Strand, .
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : all ill. ; 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 V5 D3+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- This appears to be 2nd part: "No. 2" in inked ms. on front wrapper.
In original printed wrappers.
Advertisements: recto of t.p.
Plates dated 1828.
"Printed by Engelmann, Graf, Coinder, & Co."
"To be completed in three parts, each part containing four plates."
- Subject Terms:
- Bulcock, James -- Publisher.Engelmann, Graf, Coinder, & Co. -- Printer.Lithography -- Specimens -- .Virginia Water (Surrey) -- Description and travel -- Views.
- His Majesty's fishing temple & the frigate Victorine
- Ruins, from Ivy Bridge
- The keepers royal lodge, from the summit of the waterfall
- The stone grotto, on the side of the waterfall.