Album of colour printing / Alf Cooke, art colour printer to the Queen, Leeds.
- Leeds : [Crown Point Printing Works], [1897?].
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : col. ill., ports ; 40 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A N 118Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- In original printed boards.
Date from Wakeman.
Consists of samples of Cooke's chromolithographic work, including advertisements, book illustrations, portrait of Sarah Bernhardt & 4 other actresses, etc.
Back cover shows exterior view of Crown Point Works, inside back cover shows interior view. Caption says "300 chromo-litho and other machines are used" and keep "750 workpeople in full and continuous work."
Wakeman, G. 19th century colour printers, p. 27.
- Subject Terms:
- Advertising -- Specimens.Chromolithography -- Specimens.Color printing -- Specimens.Cooke, Alf -- Printer.Crown Point Printing Works -- Publisher.Printing -- History.
- Chromolithographs -- [1897?].
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.