Beach rambles in search of seaside pebbles and crystals : with some observations on the origin of the diamond and other precious stones / [by J.G. Francis].
- London ; Routledge, Warne, and Routledge, 1859.
New York : Routledge, Warne, and Routledge, 1859.
- Physical Description:
- iv, 186 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. (some col.) 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQH45.5 .F72Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates probably engraved by Edmund Evans; after William Stephen Coleman.
Binder's ticket: Westleys & Co., London.
Advertisements:  p. at end.
Blind- and gold-stamped blue cloth publisher's binding.
Statement of responsibility from added engraved t.p.
"Woodfall and Kinder, Printers, Angel Court, Skinner Street, London"
- Subject Terms:
- Chamberlain, J. E. -- Stamp.Evans, Edmund -- Printer.Natural history.Paleontology.Rocks.Routledge, Warne and Routledge -- Publisher.Westleys & Co. -- Bookbinder.Woodfall and Kinder -- Printer.
- Chromoxylographs -- 1859.
Wood engravings -- 1859.
YCBA Collections Search
Francis, John George, Beach rambles in search of seaside pebbles and crystals , 1859
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.