Pennant, Thomas, 1726-1798, The additions to the quarto edition of the tour in Scotland, MDCCLXIX , 1774
- The additions to the quarto edition of the tour in Scotland, MDCCLXIX : and the new appendix : reprinted for the accomodation of the purchasers of the first and second editions.
- London : Printed for B. White, at Horace's Head, Fleet-street, 1774.
- Physical Description:
- , viii, 172 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., port., plan ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA855 . P46 1774Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates by Peter Mazell, Pierre Charles Canot, [François Germain] Aliamet and John Hall; after Moses Griffith and Paul Sandby.
Some plates printed on double leaves.
Added engraved t.p., with vignette, reads: A tour in Scotland, MDCCLXIX ... Third Edition. Warrington : Printed by W. Eyres, 1774.
Author's name appears at the end of the preface (p. v).
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1774.Etching -- Specimens -- 1774.Eyres, W. -- Printer.Scotland -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Scotland -- Description and travel.White, B. -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.