The comical creatures from Wurtemberg : including the story of Reynard the fox / with twenty illustrations drawn from the stuffed animals contributed by Hermann Ploucquet of Stuttgart to the Great Exhibition.
- Second edition.
- London : David Bogue, 1851.
- Physical Description:
- 96 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQL791 C6Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates engraved by Dalziel, Henry Vizatelly, and William Measom; after Harrison Weir.
Binder's ticket: Bone & Son, 76 Fleet Street, London.
Bound in gold-stamped light green publisher's cloth.
Printed by Robson, Levey, and Franklyn, Great New Street.
- Subject Terms:
- Animals -- Folklore.Bogue, David -- Publisher.Bone & Son -- Bookbinder.Great Exhibition (1851 : London, England)Robson, Levey, and Franklyn -- Printer.
- Wood engravings -- 1851.
- The weasels of Holm-wood
- The wonderful hare-hunt
- The duel of the dormice
- The six kittens
- The frogs who would a-wooing go
- The story of Reynard the fox.