Observations upon Roman antiquities : discovered between the Forth & Clyde / by the late John Anderson ...
- Edinburgh : Printed by Andrew Foulis, 1800.
- Physical Description:
- 8 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA145 A5 1800+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Presentation letter from John C. Thorpe to Sir Andrew Rae Duncan, dated Feb. 1930, has been placed in the Object File.
Text signed "John Anderson. Glasgow College Jan. 2, 1793."
First published as Appendix IV in: The military antiquities of the Romans in Britain / by William Roy. London : Printed by W. Bulmer and Co., 1793 (p. 200-204).
Plates are etchings after engravings that first appeared in Roy's Military antiquities, plate 38.
- Subject Terms:
- Duncan, Andrew Rae, Sir, 1884-1952 -- Pres. insc. from John C. Thorpe, 1930.Etching -- Specimens -- 1800.Excavations (Archaeology) -- Scotland.Foulis, Andrew, d. 1775 -- Printer.Great Britain -- Antiquities, Roman.Romans -- Scotland -- Antiquities.Thorpe, John C. -- Pres. insc. to Andrew Rae Duncan, 1930.
YCBA Collections Search
Anderson, John, 1726-1796, Observations upon Roman antiquities , 1800
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.