Swift, Jonathan, 1667-1745, Miscellanies, or, Essays literary, political, and moral , [1756?]
- Miscellanies, or, Essays literary, political, and moral / by the Reverend Dr. Jonathan Swift.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Miscellanies. Selections
- Glasgow : Printed for Robert Urie, [1756?]
- Physical Description:
- iv, -259,  p. ; 17 cm. (12mo)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3724 M54 1756Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Signatures: pi²A-X⁶Y⁴.
Advertisements:  p. at end.
- A discourse of the contests and dissensions between the nobles and commons in Athens and Rome -- A proposal for correcting, improving, and ascertaining the English tongue -- A letter to a young clergyman lately entered into holy orders -- A letter to a very young lady on her marriage -- An argument to prove that the abolishing of Christianity in England, may ... be attended with some inconveniences -- A project for the advancement of religion -- On good-manners and good-breeding -- Hints towards an essay on conversation.
- Subject Terms:
- Morse, William Inglis, b. 1874 -- Autograph, 1920.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.