Strange, Robert, Sir, 1721-1792, An inquiry into the rise and establishment of the Royal Academy of Arts , 1775
- An inquiry into the rise and establishment of the Royal Academy of Arts : to which is prefixed a letter to the Earl of Bute / by Robert Strange ...
- London : Printed for E. and C. Dilly ..., 1775.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 141 p. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN12 R7 S9 copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsN12 R7 S9 copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Yale University LibraryAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: British Art Center has two copies: Copy 1 is bound with copy 2 of: A descriptive catalogue of a collection of pictures, selected from the Roman, Florentine, Lombard, Venetian, Neapolitan, Flemish, French and Spanish schools / collected by Robert Strange. London, 1769. Copy 2 has the bookplate of Frederick Whiley Hilles.
BAC: Bound by hand by Wickwar, London. (Copy 1)
- Subject Terms:
- Bute, John Stuart, Earl of, 1713-1792.Dilly, E. and C. -- Publisher.Hilles, Frederick Whiley, 1900- -- Bookplate.Robson, J. -- Publisher.Royal Academy of Arts (Great Britain)Walter, J. -- Publisher.Wickwar -- Bookbinder.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.