A selection of views in the county of Lincoln : comprising the principal towns and churches, the remains of castles and religious houses and seats of the nobility and gentry with topographical & historical accounts of each view.
- London : William Miller, 1805.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 L7 S4 1805+ Copy 1 OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 L7 S4 1805+ Copy 2 OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC: Plates engraved by Bartholomew Howlett, W. Poole, and J.F. Dauthemare; after Francesco Bartolozzi, William P. Sherlock, William Brand, Thomas Girtin, Richard Corbould, John Claude Nattes, John Buckler, Thomas Espin,Frederick Nash, William S. Hesleden, Samuel Rawle, T. Nash, W. Poole, John Espin, James Bourne, W. Turner, Jacob Schenebbelie, William Alexander, Charles Turnor, and James Moore.
BAC: British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 has the bookplate of Lord Ashburton. Copy 2 has the bookplate of Nicholas Robinson.
LSF J18 H844 +797B: May lack 2 p.
Half-t.p. reads: A selection of views in the county of Lincoln / engraved by Bartholomew Howlett.
Engraved t.p. and engr. dedicatory leaf, the latter dated Jan. 1800.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- England -- Lincolnshire.Architecture, Domestic -- England -- Lincolnshire.Ashburton, Richard Dunning, Lord, -1823 -- Bookplate.Bulmer (W.) and Co. -- Printer.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1805.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1805.Lincolnshire (England) -- Description and travel.Lincolnshire (England) -- Pictorial works.Miller, William -- Publisher.Robinson, Nicholas, 1842- -- Bookplate.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.