An accurate description and history of the metropolitan and cathedral churches of Canterbury and York : from their first foundation to the present year : illustrated with one hundred and seventeen copper-plates, consisting of different views, plans, monuments, antiquities, arms, &c.
- London : Printed for W. Sandby ... : 1755.
- Physical Description:
- , 144,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill., plans, map, coats of arms ; 40 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A B 3Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Some plates engraved by James Cole.
The plates are the same as those in John Dart's "History and antiquities of the cathedral church of Canterbury" and Francis Drake's "Eboracum," and the descriptions are abridgments of the same works.--cf. Brit. mus. Catalogue.
- Subject Terms:
- Canterbury Cathedral.Hildyard, John -- Printer.Sandby, W. -- Publisher.York Minster.
- Soft-ground etchings -- 1755.
Engravings -- 1755.
Etchings -- 1755.
YCBA Collections Search
An accurate description and history of the metropolitan and cathedral churches of Canterbury and York , 1755
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.