A genealogical history of the kings of England and monarchs of Great Britain, &C. from the conquest anno 1066 to the year, 1677. In seven parts or books. Containing a discourse of their several lives, marriages, and issues ... all engraven in copper plates ... By Francis Sandford, esq., Lancaster herald at arms.
- London, Printed by T.N. for the author, and are to be sold by Richard Chiswell at the Rose and Crown in S. Paul's Church-Yard, 1683.
- Physical Description:
- 6 p. l., 578 (i.e. 588),  p., 1 l. : illus., plates (part double) 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA28.1 S18 1683+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Printer is Thomas Newcomb--cf. Wing.
Pagination irregular, pages repeated in numbering.
Head-pieces and initials.
Errata printed on last leaf.
Engravings by Wenceslaus Hollar, Richard Gaywood, and Francis Barlow.
Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, S 651A
- Subject Terms:
- Chiswell, Richard -- Publisher.Great Britain -- Genealogy.Great Britain -- Kings and rulers.T. N. -- Printer.
- Woodcuts -- 1683.
Engravings -- 1683.
Etchings -- 1683.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sandford, Francis, 1630-1694, A genealogical history of the kings of England and monarchs of Great Britain, &C, 1683
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.