The curiosities and beauties of England displayed. Containing the most copious and complete historical descriptions of ... public edifices, royal palaces, abbeys, castles ... and other miscellaneous curiosities and beauties ... of England and Wales. To which will be added, select historical descriptions ... of ... curiosities in Scotland and Ireland. Embellished ... with above three hundred views ... Collected and ... arranged for publication. By Frederick Newman esq. ... assisted by several gentlemen of eminence ...
- London Printed by A. Hogg, [1795?]
- Physical Description:
- 2 p. l., 42,  p. front., pl. 40 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A D 47Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Plates by Scott, John Record, John Peltro, Coote, George Noble, Lodge, Hawkins, Charles Turner Warren, Thornton, Eastgate, Thomas Olive, Wilson Lowry, J. Wooding, Jonathan Richardson, Page, John Goldar, Barclay, Myers, Neigel, Taylor, and Rennoldson; after Charles Reuben Ryley, William Ellis, and S. Sparrow.
Originally published in numbers, and bound in no logical sequence.
- Subject Terms:
- Abbeys -- Great Britain.Architecture, Domestic -- Great Britain.Battersea, Cyril Flower Baron, 1843-1907 -- Bookplate.Etching -- Specimens -- 1795.Great Britain -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Great Britain -- Description and travel.Hogg, Alex. -- Publisher.Woodcut -- Specimens -- 1795.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Newman, Frederick, The curiosities and beauties of England displayed, [1795?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.