Ancient coins and medals : an historical sketch of the origin and progress of coining money in Greece and her colonies : its progress with the extension of the Roman empire : and its decline with the fall of that power / by Henry Noel Humphreys ...
- Second edition.
- London : Grant and Griffith, 1851.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 208 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsCJ237 H8 1851Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Bound in gold-stamped embossed leather publisher's binding.
Printed by Vizetelly and Company.
Plates are facsimile "examples in actual relief, by Barclay's process, in the medals of the respective coins" and are accompanied by a leaf of letterpress.
- Subject Terms:
- Coins, Ancient.Coins, Classical.Grant and Griffith -- Publisher.Medals.Numismatics, Ancient.Stepney College -- Bookplate.
- Wood engravings -- 1851.
YCBA Collections Search
Humphreys, Henry Noel, 1810-1879, Ancient coins and medals , 1851
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.