The Holy Bible : containing the Old and New Testaments, according to the authorized version : with the marginal readings and original and selected parallel references printed at length : and the commentaries of Henry and Scott, condensed by the Rev. John M'Farlane ... with a series of maps and tinted landscapes illustrative of the lands of the Bible : from original sketches by David Roberts ...
- Additional Title(s):
Bible. English. Authorized. 1857.
- London ; Richard Griffin and Company, [1857?]
Glasgow : Richard Griffin and Company, [1857?]
- Physical Description:
- , 944, , 288, , 1249-1275, ,  leaves of plates : ill., plan, maps ; 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsBS185 .1857 L5+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates are lithotints after David Roberts. Printed by Day & Son.
Wood engravings by George Measom and Edmund Evans; after G.F. Sargent.
This copy is in embossed leather binding, with brass clasp & goffered edges.
Preface dated 1857.
Added lithographed t.p. Also added t.p. for New Testament that reads: The New Testament of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Four blank pages for family records between Old and New Testaments.
- Subject Terms:
- Bible -- Commentaries.Bible -- Illustrations.Bookbinding -- [1857?] -- Goffered edge.Day & Son -- Printer.Griffin (Richard) and Company -- Publisher.
- Lithotints -- [1857?].
Lithographs -- [1857?].
Wood engravings -- [1857?].
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.