Polymetis: or, An enquiry concerning the agreement between the works of the Roman poets, and the remains of the antient artists. Being an attempt to illustrate them mutually from one another. By the Rev.d Mr. Spence.
- London, R. Dodsley, at Tully's-Head, Pall-Mall, 1747.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 361,  p. front. (port.) illus., XLI pl. (part fold.) 42 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A N 121View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- BEIR Gt4 002: Imperfect: Plate XLI wanting.
Frontispiece engraved by George Vertue after Isaac Whood.
Plates and other illustrations engraved by Louis Philippe Boitard.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, Ancient.Dodsley, R. -- Publisher.Latin poetry -- History and criticism.Mythology, Classical.Rome -- Antiquities.
- Stipple engravings -- 1747.
Engravings -- 1747.
Etchings -- 1747.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Spence, Joseph, 1699-1768, Polymetis: or, An enquiry concerning the agreement between the works of the Roman poets, and the remains of the antient artists, 1747
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.