Spence, Joseph, 1699-1768, Polymetis, or, An enquiry concerning the agreement between the works of the Roman poets, and the remains of the antient artists , 1755
- Polymetis, or, An enquiry concerning the agreement between the works of the Roman poets, and the remains of the antient artists : being an attempt to illustrate them mutually from one another ... / by the Revd. Mr. Spence.
- The second edition, corrected by the author.
- London : Printed for R. and J. Dodsley, 1755.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 361,  p., : port., ill., XLI pl. (part fold.) ; 44 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A N 122Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Frontispiece engraved by George Vertue after Isaac Whood.
Illustrations and plates engraved by Louis Philippe Boitard.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, Ancient.Dodsley, R. and J. -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1755.Etching -- Specimens -- 1755.Latin poetry -- History and criticism.Mythology, Classical.Stipple engraving -- Specimens -- 1755.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.