Young, Edward, 1683-1765, The complaint, or, Night-thoughts on life, death, and immortality , 1751
- The complaint, or, Night-thoughts on life, death, and immortality : to which is added : A paraphrase on part of the book of Job ...
- London : Printed for A. Millar, over-against Catharine-Street, in the Strand, and R. Dodsley, at Tully's Head in Pall-Mall, 1751.
- Physical Description:
- iv, 296 p. ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3782 N5 1751Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : British Art Center copy imperfect: t.p. wanting. Information taken from Pettit.
Signatures: pi1 A² B-N¹² O⁴
Printed by Samuel Richardson.--cf. Sale, William. Samuel Richardson, Cornell Studies in English, v. 37, p. 221.
Pettit, Henry. Bibliography of Young's Night thoughts (1954), 13d.
- Night the first : on life, death, and immortality -- Night the second : on time, death, friendship -- Night the third : Narcissa -- Night the fourth : the Christian triumph -- Night the fifth : the relapse -- Night the sixth : the infidel reclaimed -- Night the seventh : being the second part of The infidel reclaimed -- Night the eighth : Virtue's apology -- Night the ninth and last : the consolation.
- Subject Terms:
- Bible. O.T. Job -- Paraphrases, English.Dodsley, R. -- Publisher.Millar, A. -- Publisher.Morse, William Inglis, b. 1874 -- Autograph.Morse, William Inglis, b. 1874 -- Bookplate.Richardson, Samuel, 1689-1761. -- Printer.Woodcut -- Specimens -- 1751.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.