History and antiquities of the cathedral churches of Great Britain. Illustrated with ... engravings, exhibiting general and particular views, ground plans, and all the architectural features and ornaments in the various styles of building used in our ecclesiastical edifices. By James Storer ...
- London, Rivingtons [etc.] 1814-1819.
- Physical Description:
- 4 v. plates, plans. 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA5461 .S8Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 is in original parts, with each part bound separately and is incomplete. Copy 2 consists of 3 parts bound together (Lincoln, St. Paul's, and York). Bound with: Description of the iron bridges of suspension now erecting over the strait of Menai, at Banger ... / by T G Cumming. London : Printed for J. Taylor, 1824. (TG400.C97 1824).
Originally published in parts.
Vol. 1, 3-4 have added t.-p., engraved: Graphic and historical description of the cathedrals of Great Britain.
Many of the plates by H.S. [Henry Sargant] Storer. Plan after J. Hardwick.
Parts on Durham, Exeter, Landaff and Norwich by James Norris Brewer.
- Subject Terms:
- Cathedrals -- Great Britain.Coe -- Printer.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1814-1819.Hatchard, J. & Son -- Publisher.Lloyd & Son -- Publisher.Rivingtons, C & J. -- Publisher.Sherwood, Jones, & Co. -- Publisher.
- v. 1. St. Asaph. Bangor. Bath. Bristol. Canterbury. Carlisle.--v. 2. Chester. Chichester. St. David's. Durham. Ely. Exeter. Gloucester.--v. 3. Hereford. Lichfield. Lincoln. Landaff. St. Paul's. Norwich. Oxford.--v. 4. Peterburgh. Rochester. Salisbury. Wells. Winchester. Worcester. York.