A treatise on the art of mezzotinto pencilling : also observations on painting on glass, satin, velvet, and wood / by B.W. Gilbert ; embellished with examples and specimens in the art first named : the work is intended chiefly for pupils in the absence of the master, for governesses, and families who reside in the country and will form a companion to the Hints on Oriental painting by the same author.
- London : Printed by the author and sold by him, and may be had of Messrs. Reeves and Son ..., [183-?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC890 G5View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : British Art Center copy imperfect? Note on flyleaf reads: one plate wanting.
Plates printed by an unidentified planographic process, highlighted with graphite.
Watermark on 2 plates dated 1831 & 1832.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- Technique.Gilbert, B. W. -- Publisher.Painting -- Technique.Pencil drawing -- Technique.Planographic print -- Specimens -- [183-?].Reeves and Son -- Publisher.Wigan (England). Free Public Library -- Bookplate.
YCBA Collections Search
Gilbert, B. W, A treatise on the art of mezzotinto pencilling , [183-?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.