Cervantes Saavedra, Miguel de, 1547-1616, Don Quixote de la Mancha, 1819
- Don Quixote de la Mancha. Translated from the original Spanish by Charles Jarvis. Embellished with 24 highly finished engravings from drawings designed expressly for this ed.
- London, Printed for T. M'Lean, 1819.
- Physical Description:
- 4 v. col. illus. 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPQ6329 A2 1819+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsPQ6329 A2 1819+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Text printed by J. Brettell, Rupert Street, Haymarket.
British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 is in original boards.
Copy 2 is the Abbey copy. It consists only of the 24 plates that illustrate the text. Plates are loose and laid in blue paper portfolio, as issued. Cover label title: Illustrations to Don Quixotte.
Plates engraved by I.H. [i.e. John Heaviside] Clark.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 238
- Subject Terms:
- Brettell, J. -- Printer.Fairfax family -- Bookplate.M'Lean, T. -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1819.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.