Barrington, George, 1755-1804, The history of New South Wales,, 1810
- The history of New South Wales, including Botany Bay, Port Jackson, Parramatta, Sydney and all its dependancies, from the original discovery of the island: with the customs and manners of the natives; and an account of the English colony, from its foundation to the present time. By George Barrington ...
- London, Printed for M. Jones [etc.] 1810.
- Physical Description:
-  p.l., 544,  p. col. front., 15 col. pl. 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDU160 B3 1810Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "J. Compton, Printer, Middle Street, Cloth Fair, London."
Plates are hand-colored and engraved by Vincent Woodthorpe.
Although the Prologue (p. 152-153) is indeed probably by Barrington, Abbey attributes this work to one Henry Carter--Cf. Abbey, J.R. Travel, 565.
- Subject Terms:
- Compton, J. -- Printer.Jones, M. -- Publisher.Natural history -- Australia -- New South Wales.New South Wales -- History.Sherwood, Neely, & Jones -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- 1810.
Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1810.
Stipple engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1810.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.