Tristram, H. B. (Henry Baker), 1822-1906, Scenes in the East , 1870
- Scenes in the East : consisting of twelve coloured photographic views of places mentioned in the Bible, with descriptive letter-press / by H.B. Tristram.
- London : Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1870.
- Physical Description:
- 49 p.,  leaves of plates : col. ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS48 .T74+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates engraved and printed by William Dickes; after photographs by Rev. A.A. Isaacs, J. Graham, Rev. C.W. Bridges, Cramb, and Francis Frith.
Gold- and black-stamped green cloth publisher's binding, with red paper onlay stamped in gold.
Text printed by James TRuscott and Son, Suffolk Land, City.
- Subject Terms:
- Bible -- Illustrations.Bookbinding -- 1870.Dickes, William, 1815-1892 -- Printer.Middle East -- Description and travel.Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge (Great Britain) -- Publisher.Truscott (James) and Son -- Printer.
- Chromoxylographs -- 1870.
Wood engravings -- 1870.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.