Symonds, John Addington, 1840-1893, The principles of beauty , 1857
The principles of beauty / by John Addington Symonds ... ; with illustrations.
- London : Bell and Dalby, 1857.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 72 p., 8 leaves of plates : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN62 S95Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates engraved by George Aikman and William Forrest; after David Ramsay Hay.
Presentation copy, "from the author."
Bound in blue publisher's cloth.
Printed by Charles Whittingham at the Chiswick Press.
- Subject Terms:
- Aesthetics.Art -- Philosophy.Bell and Daldy -- Publisher.Chiswick Press -- Printer.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1857.Perspective.Whittingham, Charles -- Printer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.