The compleat drawing-master : containing many curious specimens : as the several parts of the human body, whole figures, landskips, cattle, buildings &c. neatly engraved on copper-plates, after the designs of the great masters : wherein the principles of drawing are laid down after a natural and easy manner : to which is prefixed some general instructions to form the judgement of young beginners : by which the useful art can be attained in a short time without a master.
- London : Printed for Henry Parker, opposite Birchin-Lane, Cornhill, 1763.
- Physical Description:
- 21 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC650 C65 1763View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates engraved by Henry Roberts, [Thomas] Viveres, James Roberts, Ferry, and William Elliott; after Charles Le Brun, Thomas Worlidge, James Roberts, P. Glazier, Jean Pillement, and Marco Ricci.
In original boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1763.Etching -- Specimens -- 1763.Parker, Henry -- Publisher.Stephenson, E. -- Autograph.Thirton, Thomas Dawsone -- Autograph, 1784.
- Drawing books.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.