Le Brun, Charles, 1619-1690, A series of lithographic drawings illustrative of the relation between the human physiognomy and that of the brute creation , 1827
- A series of lithographic drawings illustrative of the relation between the human physiognomy and that of the brute creation / from designs by Charles Le Brun ; with remarks on the system.
- London : Printed for the proprietor, Mr. I.P. Blanquet ... and published by James Carpenter and Son ..., and Engelmann, Graf, Coindet and Co., 1827.
- Physical Description:
- , 7 p.,  leaves of plates : ill., port. ; 59 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A N 125Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- One plate lithographed by George Childs. Others after François Théodore Rochard, Mimpress, John Harris, Thomas Fairland, T. Stewart, John Christian Zeitter, Langlois, Giles, and W. Aldous. Plates printed by Englemann, Graf, Coindet & Co.
Text printed by S. and R. Bentley, Dorset Street.
- Subject Terms:
- Anatomy, Artistic.Bentley (S. and R.) -- Printer.Blanquet, I. P. -- Publisher.Carpenter (James) and Son -- Publisher.Engelmann, Graf, Coindet and Co. -- Publisher.Facial expression -- Pictorial works.Physiognomy, Comparative.
- Lithotints -- 1827.
Lithographs -- 1827.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.