Nicholson, Francis, 1753-1844, Lithographic impressions from sketches of British scenery , 
- Lithographic impressions from sketches of British scenery / by Francis Nicholson ; 1821.
- London : Published by Rodwell & Martin, New Bond Street, 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : all ill. ; 34 x 49 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B D 13Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A G 17Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- One plate printed by Rowney & Forster. Others printed by Charles Joseph Hullmandel.
Date on t.p., after author's name, is 1821; plates dated 1821-1822.
BAC: British Art Center Folio B D 13 copy has uncolored plates. British Art Center Folio A 6 17 copy lacks t.p. Has hand-colored plates Bound with: Fishing costume and local scenery of Hartlepool, in the county of Durham / T.L. Busby. London, 1819.
- The Bowdar Stone, in Borrodale (title page) -- St. Catherine's Hill, near Guildford -- Windsor -- Nottingham -- Nottingham -- Beeston Castle, Cheshire -- Chester Castle -- Whitby -- Knaresborough, Yorkshire -- Grimbald Crag, near Knaresborough -- St. Mary's Abbey, York -- In the refectory, Fountains Abbey -- Rivaux Abbey, in Yorkshire -- Mossdale in Yorkshire -- The sinking of the River Nidd, Yorkshire -- Ripon, Yorkshire -- Scarborough -- Windermere -- Rothesay, in the Isle of Bull -- The Pass of Lenie, in the Grampian Mountains -- View at the head of Loch Katrine -- In the Trosachs, Loch Katrine -- Loch Lomond -- Killin, at the head of Loch Tay -- Corie Lin, a fall of the Clyde near Lanerk -- Ruins of Corie Castle, on the Clyde: a seat of William Wallace -- Roslin -- Stirling -- Aysgill Force, in Wensleydale -- Craig y Caii, one of the summits of Cader Idris -- Pont Aberglaslyn, N. Wales -- Near Beddgelert, N. Wales -- Denbigh -- Cheddar, in Somersetshire -- Lonemark Mill, on the Bantry River -- Kilcolman Castle, Co. Cork, the residence of Spencer.
- Subject Terms:
- Castles -- England -- Pictorial works.Hullmandel, C. -- Printer.Landscape -- England.Landscape -- Scotland.Landscape -- Wales.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1822.Rodwell & Martin -- Publisher.Rowney & Forster -- Printer.Scotland -- Pictorial works.Yorkshire (England) -- Pictorial works.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.