Nicholson, Francis, 1753-1844, Lithographic impressions from sketches of British scenery , 
Lithographic impressions from sketches of British scenery / by Francis Nicholson ; 1821.
- London : Published by Rodwell & Martin, New Bond Street, 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : all ill. ; 34 x 49 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B D 13Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A G 17Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- One plate printed by Rowney & Forster. Others printed by Charles Joseph Hullmandel.
Date on t.p., after author's name, is 1821; plates dated 1821-1822.
BAC: British Art Center Folio B D 13 copy has uncolored plates. British Art Center Folio A 6 17 copy lacks t.p. Has hand-colored plates Bound with: Fishing costume and local scenery of Hartlepool, in the county of Durham / T.L. Busby. London, 1819.
- Subject Terms:
- Castles -- England -- Pictorial works.Hullmandel, C. -- Printer.Landscape -- England.Landscape -- Scotland.Landscape -- Wales.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1822.Rodwell & Martin -- Publisher.Rowney & Forster -- Printer.Scotland -- Pictorial works.Yorkshire (England) -- Pictorial works.
- The Bowdar Stone, in Borrodale (title page)
- St. Catherine's Hill, near Guildford
- Beeston Castle, Cheshire
- Chester Castle
- Knaresborough, Yorkshire
- Grimbald Crag, near Knaresborough
- St. Mary's Abbey, York
- In the refectory, Fountains Abbey
- Rivaux Abbey, in Yorkshire
- Mossdale in Yorkshire
- The sinking of the River Nidd, Yorkshire
- Ripon, Yorkshire
- Rothesay, in the Isle of Bull
- The Pass of Lenie, in the Grampian Mountains
- View at the head of Loch Katrine
- In the Trosachs, Loch Katrine
- Loch Lomond
- Killin, at the head of Loch Tay
- Corie Lin, a fall of the Clyde near Lanerk
- Ruins of Corie Castle, on the Clyde: a seat of William Wallace
- Aysgill Force, in Wensleydale
- Craig y Caii, one of the summits of Cader Idris
- Pont Aberglaslyn, N. Wales
- Near Beddgelert, N. Wales
- Cheddar, in Somersetshire
- Lonemark Mill, on the Bantry River
- Kilcolman Castle, Co. Cork, the residence of Spencer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.