A brief view and survey of the dangerous and pernicious errors to church and state, in Mr. Hobbe's book, entitled Leviathan. By Edward Earl of Clarendon.
- The second impression.
- Oxon: Printed at the Theater, 1676.
- Physical Description:
- 5 p. ., 322 p. illus. 21 cm. (4to)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsJC153 H66 C6 1676aView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Pages [257-264] misnumbered as pages 267-274.
Signatures *⁴ A-2R⁴ S²
Added engraved plate.
Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, C-4421.
- Subject Terms:
- Carthew, Thomas, b. 1687 -- Autograph, 1742.Dale, William, 1666-1697? -- Autograph, 1686.Hobbes, Thomas, 1588-1679. Leviathan.Oxford University Press -- Publisher.Political science -- Early works to 1800.Shirley, Evelyn Philip, 1812-1882 -- Bookplate.
- Engravings -- 1676.
YCBA Collections Search
Clarendon, Edward Hyde, Earl of, 1609-1674, A brief view and survey of the dangerous and pernicious errors to church and state, in Mr. Hobbe's book, entitled Leviathan, 1676
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.