The parlour table-book, or, Pictorial miscellany : containing a choice collection of historical and landscape illustrations, finely engraved on steel.
- London : Printed and published by William Woodward, [184-?]
- Physical Description:
- , 96,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. (one col.) ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA683 .P28+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Frontispiece engraved and printed by George Baxter, dated 1835.--cf. Lewis, C.T.C. George Baxter, 5a.
Other plates engraved by Henry Melville, T. H. Ellis, William Radclyffe, John Shury, John Rogers, and William John Cooke; after John Gilbert, Llewellyn Frederick William Jewitt, Frederick Mackenzie, William Lee, Frederick William Fairholt, Henry MacManus, H. Jewitt, B. Sly, G.F. Sargent, and Nathaniel Whittock.
Gold-stamped red cloth publisher's binding.
Pages -96 selected from work entitled: London interiors. London : J. Mead, [1841-1844]. Pages -38 at end is miscellaneous selection of poetry and prose.
Running title: London interiors.
- Subject Terms:
- Baxter, George, 1804-1867 -- Printer.Gift books -- Specimens.London (England) -- Description and travel.London (England) -- Public buildings.Poetry -- Collections.Woodward, William -- Printer.
- Chromoxylographs -- [184-?].
Wood engravings -- [184-?].
Steel engraving -- [184-?].
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.