A treatise on painting / by Leonardo da Vinci ; translated from the original Italian ; illustrated with a great number of cuts ; to which is added the life of the author, and a portrait from a picture in the Duke of Tuscany's gallery at Florence.
- Additional Title(s):
Trattato della pittura.
- A new edition.
- London : Printed for I. and J. Taylor, at the Architectural Library, High Holborn, 1796.
- Physical Description:
- , xii, 189,  p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., port. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1130 L6 1796Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Frontispiece engraved by Thomas Milton.
Translation of Trattato della pittura.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1796.I. and J. Taylor (Firm) -- Publisher.Painting -- Early works to 1800.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.