The anatomy of painting, or, A short and easy introduction to anatomy : being a new edition, on a smaller scale, of six tables of Albinus, with their linear figures ; also, a new translation of Albinus's history of that work, and of his index to the six tables : to which are added the anatomy of Celsus, with notes, and the physiology of Cicero : with an introduction, giving a short view of picturesque anatomy / by John Brisbane ...
- London : Printed by George Scott, and sold by T. Cadell, bookseller, successor to Mr. Millar, in the Strand, 1769.
- Physical Description:
- xxvi, -76 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 40 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A Q 7Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates engraved by Peter Paul Benazech and James Caldwall; after John Brisbane.
- Subject Terms:
- Anatomy, Artistic -- Early works to 1800.Bones -- Early works to 1800.Cadell, T. -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1769.Human anatomy -- Early works to 1800.Scott, George -- Printer.
YCBA Collections Search
Albinus, Bernhard Siegfried, 1697-1770, The anatomy of painting, or, A short and easy introduction to anatomy , 1769
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.