Coalbrookdale Company, [Catalogue of specimens of iron and brass castings , [185-?]
- [Catalogue of specimens of iron and brass castings : from the Coalbrookdale Company Foundry, Coalbrookdale, Shropshire]
- [S.l. : s.n.], [185-?]
- Physical Description:
- 37 leaves : all ill. ; 22 x 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A T 5Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Bound in contemporary marbled wrappers.
Possibly a traveling salesman's specimen book. At least 10 of the examples can be identified as being at the company exhibit at the Great Exhibition (see Official catalogue, Class XXII, number 641 and the Illustrated Exhibitor for September 27, 1851).
Plates lithographed by W.W. Law, Northampton.
- Subject Terms:
- Commercial catalogs -- Specimens.Decoration and ornament -- Catalogs.Great Exhibition (1851 : London, England)Iron-works -- Catalogs.Lithography -- Specimens -- [185-?].Metal-work -- Catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.