English caricaturists and graphic humourists of the nineteenth century : how they illustrated and interpreted their times ... / by Graham Everitt.
- Second edition.
- London : Swan Sonnenschein & Co., 1893.
- Physical Description:
- xx, 427, 31 p.,  leaves of plates : ill., facsims. ; 35 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1475 E8 1893View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates are wood-engraved facsimiles.
BAC: British Art Center copy is extra-illustrated with etchings, lithographs, and aquatints that are caricatures by and after James Gillray, Thomas Rowlandson, John Leech, George Hunt, Robert William Buss, Alfred Crowquill [i.e. Forrester], William Makepeace Thackeray, and others. Also bound in is a broadside entitled: Who kill'd Duke Nosey?, printed by J. Catnach.
Appendices (p. 401-416): 1. Some illustrative work of Isaac Robert Cruikshank.--2. Some miscellaneous work of Robert Seymour executed between 1822 and 1836.--3. Some of the illustrated work of John Leech.--4. Some miscellaneous work of Alfred Henry Forrester (Alfred Crowquill).--5. Some works illustrated by Hablot Knight Browne.
"James Gillray" / by Harry Thornber: p. -31 at end.
"Butler & Tanner, the Selwood Printing Works, Frome, and London."
- Subject Terms:
- Butler & Tanner -- Printer.Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain.Catnach, J. -- Printer.Illustration of books -- 19th century -- Great Britain.Selwood Printing Works -- Printer.Sonnenschein (Swan) & Co. -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- [18--].
Extra-illustrated copies (Provenance)
Wood engravings -- 1893.
Etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1791-1828.
Woodcuts -- [1829?].
Etchings -- [18--].
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- [18--].
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- [18--].
YCBA Collections Search
Everitt, Graham, English caricaturists and graphic humourists of the nineteenth century , 1893
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.