The painters voyage of Italy : in which all the most famous paintings of the most eminent masters are particularised, as they are preserved in the several cities of Italy : chiefly related to their altar-pieces, and such other paintings as are ornamental in their churches : and also many choice pictures, kept as jewels, in the palaces of particular persons : whereunto is added that excellent collection of Signior Septale, in his closet at Milan ... / written originally in Italian by Giacomo Barri ...; Englished by W.L. ...
- Additional Title(s):
Viaggio pittoresco d'Italia. English
- London : Printed for Tho. Flesher ..., 1679.
- Physical Description:
- , 159 p.,  leaves of plates : ill., ports., map ; 18 cm. (8v)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND611 B313 1679Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates engraved by William Lodge; after Michaelangelo Buonarroti, Titian, Pavlo, Pietro, and Raphael.
Translation of Viaggio pittoresco d'Italia.
Wing (2nd ed.), B-916
- Subject Terms:
- Church buildings -- Italy.Clements, Henry J. B. (Henry John Beresford), 1869-1940 -- Bookplate.Flesher, Thomas -- Publisher.Italy -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800 -- Guidebooks.Painting -- Italy.Painting, Italian.Settala, Manfredo, 1600-1680 -- Art collections.
- Etchings -- 1679.
Engravings -- 1679.
YCBA Collections Search
Barri, Giacomo, approximately 1630-approximately 1690, The painters voyage of Italy , 1679
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.