The life of Samuel Johnson, LL. D. : comprehending an account of his studies and numerous works, in chronological order : a series of his epistolary correspondence and conversations with many eminent persons, and various original pieces of his composition never before published : the whole exhibiting a view of literature and literary men in Great Britain for nearly half a century during which he flourished / by James Boswell ...
- Additional Title(s):
Life of Samuel Johnson
- The ninth edition, revised and augmented.
- London : Printed for T. Cadell, F.C. and J. Rivington, Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown [and 7 others], 1822.
- Physical Description:
- 4 v. : port. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3533 B6 1822 Copy 1View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC: Extra-illustrated with ca. 400 plates inlaid to size, of Johnson, his contemporaries, and views of London. Twenty-two drawings have been transferred to the Prints and Drawings Dept. (list of these has been placed in the Object File).
Text printed by C. Baldwin, New Bridge-street, London.
- Subject Terms:
- Baldwin, C. -- Printer.Baldwin, Cradock and Joy -- Publisher.Cadell, T. -- Publisher.Castell, Alfred -- Autograph.Collingwood, J. -- Publisher.Hatchard and Son -- Publisher.Johnson, Samuel, 1709-1784.Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme and Brown -- Publisher.Ogle and Co. -- Publisher.Rivington, F. C. and J. -- Publisher.Saunders, R. -- Publisher.Simpkin and Marshall -- Publisher.Whittaker, G. and W. B. -- Publisher.
- Extra-illustrated copies (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
Boswell, James, 1740-1795, The life of Samuel Johnson, LL. D. , 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.