Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616, The plays of William Shakespeare, 1807
- The plays of William Shakespeare. From the corrected text of Johnson and Stevenson. Embellished with plates ...
- Alternate Title(s):
- Works. 1807
- London, J. Stockdale, 1807.
- Physical Description:
- 6 v. fronts., 16 pl. 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR2752 S8 1807+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "T. Bensley, Printer, Bolt Court, Fleet Street, London."
Without introduction or notes; plates dated 1802-04. 16 of the 22 by Thomas Stothard, 4 by William Hamilton, 2 by Henry Fuseli, all engraved by James Heath, hence called "Heath's edition."--Cf. Lowndes.
The plates are also issued without text in "A series of engravings, by Heath and Bartolozzi, from paintings by Stothard to illustrate the works of Shakespeare and Milton ... London, 1818."
- v. 1. Midsummer night's dream. Taming of the shrew. Merry wives of Windsor. Much ado about nothing. All's well that ends well. Measure for measure.--v. 2. Winter's tale. Two gentlemen of Verona. Hamlet. Romeo and Juliet. Richard II. Richard III.--v. 3. Comedy of errors. Macbeth. Henry VI, pt I-III. As you like it.--v. 4. Tempest. Twelfth night. Henry VIII. Julius Caesar. Timon of Athens. Coriolanus.--v. 5. Love's labour's lost. King John. King Lear. Troilus and Cresida. Titus Andronicus. Othello.--v. 6. Merchant of Venice. Henry IV, pt. I-II. Henry V. Antony and Cleopatra. Cymbeline. Pericles.
- Subject Terms:
- Bensley, T. -- Printer.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1807.Stockdale, John -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.