Cassell's Illustrated exhibitor : containing about three hundred illustrations : with letter-press descriptions of all the principal objects in the International Exhibition of 1862.
- London ; Cassell, Petter, & Galpin, 1862.
New York : Cassell, Petter, & Galpin, 1862.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 292 p. : ill., plans ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsT691 C37 1862+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates by Pearson, William James Linton, Harden Sidney Melville, T. Bolton, Godefrey Durand, Philip Henry Delamotte, William Luson Thomas, Thomas Heavyside, J. Proctor, Walter Crane, William James Palmer, Best, Jewsbury, E. Morice, Harvy Edward Orrinsmith, Malden, G.P. Nicholls, Hare, A. Bertrand, Thomas Orlando Sheldon Jewitt, J.M.W., Edmund Evans, Dalziel, Stephen H. Gimber, Burn Smeeton, Henry Anelay, and other French engravers; after E.T., W.S.M., F.W.D.S., Robert Dudley, John Wykeham Archer, George Barrell Willcock, Marshall M. Tidd, and other French illustrators.
Gold- and blind stamped purple publisher's cloth binding.
Cover title: The illustrated exhibitor.
Advertisements of some items exhibited:  p. at end.
- Subject Terms:
- Cassell, Petter, & Galpin -- Publisher.Decorative arts -- Exhibitions.International Exhibition (1862 : London, England)Minter, John -- Autograph.
- Wood engravings -- 1862.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.