Illustrations to the battles of Quatre-Bras, Ligny, and Waterloo , 1817
- Illustrations to the battles of Quatre-Bras, Ligny, and Waterloo : with circumstantial details / by a near observer ; and the various communication of important particulars from staff and regimental officers in a series of thirty-four etchings ; comprehending general views of the British positions, regimental and individual acts of heroism, gallantry, and incident ; drawn from the most correct information by Capt. George Jones and engraved by S. Mitan ...
- London : Sold by John Booth ..., T. Egerton ..., and J. Fairburn, 1817.
- Physical Description:
- , [xxi]-xxxvi, [xvii]-xix p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., port., maps ; 39 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDC242 B42 1817+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Original printed paper label pasted on cover reads: Illustrations of the battle of Waterloo.
from t.p.: The letter-press to which these engravings apply can be procured; a tenth edition of which is published in quarto, or two vols. 8vo.
Letter-press published under title: The battle of Waterloo, also of Ligny and Quatre-Bras.
- Subject Terms:
- Booth, John -- Publisher.Egerton, T. -- Publisher.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1815.Etching -- Specimens -- 1815.Fairburn, J. -- Publisher.Quatre-Bras, Battle of, Quatre-Bras, Belgium, 1815.Stipple engraving -- Specimens -- 1815.Waterloo, Battle of, Waterloo, Belgium, 1815.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.