Solomon Gessner, "the Swiss Theocritus" / with six illustrations and extra portrait from the original copper-plates engraved in 1802 by Robert Cromek from drawings by Thomas Stothard, R.A. and a preface by John Oldcastle ...
- Additional Title(s):
Idyllen. Selections. English
- London : Field & Tuer, Leadenhall press ... ; 1886]
New York : Scribner & Welford ..., 1886]
- Physical Description:
- 26,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill., port. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPT1886 I3213 Copy 1View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsPT1886 I3213 Copy 2View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- British Art Center has 2 copies. Both are bound in original printed wrappers.
Advertisements: 8 p. at end.
Imprint date from English Catalogue of Books.
Selections from the author's Idyllen, in English translation.
Taken from the author's Works. London, Cadell & Davies, 1802.
Series statement at head of title.
- Subject Terms:
- Cadell & Davies -- Publisher.Field and Tuer -- Publisher.Leadenhall Press -- Printer.Scribner & Welford -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- 1886.
Engravings -- 1802.
Engravings -- 1886.
YCBA Collections Search
Gessner, Salomon, 1730-1788, Solomon Gessner, "the Swiss Theocritus" , 1886]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.