The print collector : an introduction to the knowledge necessary for forming a collection of ancient prints.
- London : Saunders and Otley, 1844.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 211 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE880 .M2 1844Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrations by Samuel Williams and E.M.; after William Boxall and E.M.
The first American edition of this title, published in 1885, with an expanded text gives Joseph Maberly as author.
From t.p.: "Containing suggestions as to the mode of commencing collector, the selection of specimens, the prices and case of prints. Also notices of the masks of proprietorship used by collectors, remarks on ancient and modern practice of the art and a catalogue raisonné of books of engravings and prints."
Printed by T.C. Savill, 107, St. Martin's Lane, Charing Cross.
"Catalogue raisonné of books treating exclusively on prints and engraving" : p. 183-204.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' marks.Crawhall, Joseph, b. 1821 -- Autograph.Crawhill, Joseph, b. 1821 -- Bookplate.Engraving -- Bibliography.Engraving -- Collectors and collecting.Saunders and Otley -- Publisher.Savill, T. C. -- Printer.
- Etchings -- 1844.
Wood engravings -- 1844.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.