The pictorial history of the Bible : consisting of engravings from paintings by British artists.
- London : John McGowan, 1834.
- Physical Description:
- , ii,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8026 P5 1834+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates engraved by W. Read, R. Page & Son, W. Watkins, and R. Hart; after Sir Joshua Reynolds, Thomas Stothard, William Artaud, William Hamilton, Philippe Jacques de Loutherbourg, Benjamin West, John Opie, James Northcote, William Westall, William Cuming, Robert Smirke, Samuel Woodforde, Kirk, Peter Francis Bourgeois, Peter Paul Rubens, Anthonie van Dyck, Richard Cosway, and other, non-British, artists.
Engraved t.p., with vignette.
- Subject Terms:
- Bible -- Illustrations.Bible. English. Authorized. Selections. 1834.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1834.McGowan, John -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.