IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Bunyan, John, 1628-1688, The pilgrim's progress , 
The pilgrim's progress / by John Bunyan ...
- Glasgow : James Lumsden & Son, .
- Physical Description:
- , xxiv, 374,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill., port. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3330 .A1 1857+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Date of publication from Wakeman, G. Guide to 19th century colour printers, p. 111.
Illustrations engraved by W.S. Wilkinson, Edmund Evans, George Dalziel, Edward Dalziel and William Harvey; after William Sharp, Hugh Wilson, G.F. Sargent, T. Watt, and William Harvey.
"Life of John Bunyan, by the Rev. Thomas Scott": p. [iii]-xvi.
T.p. printed in gold & colors by Hugh Wilson, the first to produce color printing in Glasgow.
Text within arabesque border.
- Subject Terms:
- Dautier, Richard -- Bookplate.Lumsden (James) & Son -- Publisher.Wilson, Hugh -- Printer.
- Chromolithographs -- .
Wood engravings -- .
Lithographs -- .
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.