A descriptive inventory of the several exquisite and magnificent pieces of mechanism and jewellery : compriz'd in the schedule annexed to an act of Parliament made in the thirtenth year of the reign of His present Majesty George the Third : for enabling Mr. James Cox, of the city of London, jeweller, to dispose of his museum by way of lottery ...
- London : Printed by H. Hart, Crane Court, Fleet Street, for Mr. Cox, 1774.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 14-71 p.,  leaf of plates : port. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK3649 C6 1774Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : British Art Center has this copy also available on microfilm
Portrait engraved by John Keyse Sherwin; after James Cox.
British Art Center copy has many contemporary newspaper accounts and notices of the museum and its contents glued and tipped in. Includes an additional engraving of one of Cox's clocks.
- Subject Terms:
- Clocks and watches -- Private collections -- Great Britain.Cox, James -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1774.Hart, H. -- Printer.Jewelry -- Private collections -- Great Britain.Mechanical musical instruments -- Private collections -- Great Britain.Museums -- Great Britain.Robots -- Private collections -- Great Britain.
YCBA Collections Search
Cox, James, jeweler, A descriptive inventory of the several exquisite and magnificent pieces of mechanism and jewellery , 1774
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.